Bailey

Bailey is our Welsh Pembroke Corgi. Sadly we lost him to lymphoma on 5-10-2011. He was almost 13 years old. He was our first family dog and Corgi. We fell in love with him instantly when he was just 8 weeks old. There is no breed like a pembroke and we look forward to having one in our life again.

WE LOVE YOU BAILEY !!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer heat

I've been reading all the blogs and posts about this "wonderful" summer heat. It is so hard for the little furries to get out and play when it is so HOT! I am in AL right now and it is a scorcher. This got me thinking about Bailey and how we used to get him ready for summer. Around the beginning of June we always took bailey to get a summer cut. We would get him a bathe and a shave. He would be almost completely white when he came home, but he LOVED IT. It seemed like it renewed his energy and I never saw him with a bigger smile! I don't have access to my laptop right now for a picture but when I do I will post one. I know it's not typical to shave your corgi but trust me they will thank you and it ALWAYS grows back in time for the cooler months. Only two words of caution, DON'T let them give them a military cut, it does look a lil silly, but go SHORT. Also if your baby is a little thicker around the middle as ours was. you won't be able to blame it on fluffy fur for a while. LOL

No comments: